Music Administrator – Heritage and Culture (30 hours)
The role is to administer, facilitate and develop the extensive and varied music programme as part of the cultural life of St Giles’. You will be working in one of the most important and historically significant buildings in Edinburgh, welcoming 1.3 million visitors and hosting upward of 200 concerts a year. We are keen to expand our offer as a commercial concert venue. The role will develop this advanced aspect of the St Giles’ operation.
- To administer the popular, long running Lunchtime Concerts programme. This includes booking and scheduling the concert diary, managing the performances by providing an induction to all visiting performers on arrival and being the point of contact.
- To develop and facilitate our programme of evening concerts and expand our involvement in events and festivals in Edinburgh and across the country.
- To promote St Giles’ Cathedral as a commercial concert venue, attracting renowned performers from around the world and developing a sustainable additional income stream.
- To work closely with The Master of the Music of St Giles’ to develop the activities above and provide administrative support where appropriate.
- As a member of the Heritage and Culture Team, you will be expected to work closely with our team of volunteers and help with the day to day operational tasks within the cathedral.
- To familiarise yourself with, and become well versed in, the operation of the sound system and associated technology.
- To facilitate evening events on occasion; this will involve some late night and weekend working as well as acting as a custodian of the building.
- To gain a detailed knowledge of the Cathedral and its history.
- To have exceptional standards of personal presentation.
- To comply with Cathedral Health and Safety policies and other policies set out to ensure the safety and welfare of visitors, staff and volunteers. This will include the responsibility of being a fire marshal in case of emergency evacuation.
- To provide a verbal report of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties which may be directed by line management.
Start Date: Tuesday 6th Nov 2018
Working Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. 32 hours per week.
Wage: £15,000 salary
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 5th Oct 2018